Craig Safety Technologies (CST) acknowledges that DOT compliance, the rules and regulations in the transportation industry, are complicated and confusing. Many companies find that they are spending so much time trying to figure out and comply with these regulations that the actual safety practices and guidance become secondary to compliance.
Many companies find they just don’t know where to start or how to maintain all the necessary paperwork and keep up with the ever-changing regulations. Here are just a few of the questions and issues that need to be dealt with:
- Do I fall under FMCSA regulations?
- What is CSA?
- What is SMS and how do I use it?
- Do I need to do a Record of Duty State (RODS), aka driver log, or not?
- What goes in a driver qualification file or vehicle maintenance file?
- What is a Safety Management Plan?
- What is a Safety Fitness Rating?
- Can I upgrade my Safety Fitness Rating?
- I am a New Entrant, how do I know I am ready for my audit?
- What do I need if my company is audited by the DOT/FMCSA?
- Do I have to audit my driver’s log and how do I do it?
These are just a few things that can make or break a company; even companies that seem safe can be caught up in problems with compliance. These issues can be potentially huge liabilities for a company, including possible fines, Out of Service decrees, and safety rating downgrades. If there is an accident and the carrier is found non-compliant, the potential at risk is even greater.
CST can help you sort out the confusion, lessen the stress and give you tools to put your business in compliance and help fix the problems, allowing you to get back to running a safe and profitable business.
We offer many solutions:
- Records Compliance Manager
- DOT Audits and Mock Audits
- Safety Rating Upgrades
- Driver Training & Driver Log audits
CST offers Managed Services where we manage all of your DOT Compliance for you. We also offer programs that allow you to buy a software license to use within and by your company. We provide the training and guidance that you need to get started.
Check out our solutions and see which one is right for you. Don’t let compliance stand in the way of your company’s growth, safety and peace of mind.