Stay up to date on the latest DOT and OSHA industry news along with tips and tricks from Craig Safety Technologies.
Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards for Fiscal 2010
- Oct 13, 2011
- 1910.147, 1926.451, Hazard Communication, ladders, OSHA, respiratory, Respiratory Protection, safety, scaffolding. machine guarding, Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards
The following is a list of the top 10 most frequently cited standards following inspections of worksites by federal OSHA. OSHA publishes this list to alert employers about these commonly cited standards so they can take steps to find and fix recognized hazards addressed in these and other standards before OSHA shows up. Far too many preventable injuries and illnesses occur in the workplace.
- 1926.501 – Fall Protection
- 1926.451 – Scaffolding
- 1910.1200 – Hazard Communication
- 1910.134 – Respiratory Protection
- 1910.147 – Lockout/Tagout
- 1910.305 – Electrical, Wiring Methods
- 1910.178 – Powered Industrial Trucks
- 1926.1053 – Ladders
- 1910.303 – Electrical, General Requirements
- 1910.212 – Machine Guarding
Data is provided by Deputy Director of OSHA’s Directorate of Environmental Programs Patrick Kapest fiscal year 2010 runs Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011, Federal Data As of Oct. 8, 2010