Stay up to date on the latest DOT and OSHA industry news along with tips and tricks from Craig Safety Technologies.
Craig Safety Technologies Launches Bill Judge DOT 60/60 Supervisor Drug and Alcohol Compliance Training
Craig Safety Technologies is pleased to announce the latest addition to our online DOT safety course offerings, the Bill Judge DOT 60/60 Supervisor Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training Course.
Bill Judge, a nationally recognized Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug Law Expert, is featured in this online course designed to help you meet the DOT training requirements of 49 CFR Part 40, for supervisors of safety-sensitive employees. The course materials cover reasonable suspicion as a performance issue.
Brenda Craig, CEO of Craig Safety Technologies recently stated to American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) National members that, “Supervisors can now take action knowing they are protecting everyone, by using the Four Steps of Constructive Confrontation and Documentation developed by the U.S. Navy.” Ms. Craig continued, “This process has been used nationally for the last fourteen years and we are proud to offer it to Craig Safety customers.”
The benefits for employers in having their supervisors complete the course beyond having the DOT complianceis knowing you are providing a drug free and safe work environment for your employees.
As part of the launch, Craig Safety Technologies is including for FREE a DOT Supervisor Handbook which includes checklists and documentation to perform post accident and reasonable suspicion testing.
Also included in the launch is the Do It Right! Reasonable Suspicion Pocket Guide which contains a smaller version of the instruction as well as consent to test, and refusal forms so both the supervisor and employee can use what they know to take immediate action and have the necessary documentation.
The key objective of the course is to empower the supervisor to identify when someone is unfit for duty. The supervisor is trained to handle difficult situations like refusal to be tested, discovery of suspicious substance and employees leaving the jobsite in a constructive manner.
This course will provide training and support for the supervisor who may have to make a reasonable suspicion determination the video segments cover issues like:
• The Effects of Alcohol and Drugs in the Workplace
• The Role of the Supervisor in a DOT Testing Program
• Signs, Symptoms, and Behavioral Indicators of the DOT 5 Prohibited
• Drugs and Alcohol Misuse:
• Prohibited Behavior and Prescription Drug Use
• How to Recognize and Document Performance using the Behavior
• Observation Checklist
• How to apply the Four Steps of Constructive Confrontation
• How to handle employee defense strategies
• What to do when:
• An employee refuses to be tested
• A supervisor receives hearsay information
• An employee discovers a suspicious substance
• An employee who leaves the worksite without authorization after being unfit for duty